The Ultra-Care Excel is a mattress replacement system for the management and treatment of pressure ulcers at any stage.
The mattress offers two modes of therapy.
- For maximum benefit in treating ulcers, operate the system in the alternating mode.
- The low air loss mode may be selected for pain management or when nursing procedures require a firm surface.
When in the low air loss mode, the mattress will provide a firm surface for easier movement in and out of the bed.
- Integrated foam base provides a degree of safety in the event of power failure.
- Foam base is covered to keep it clean.
- Ventilated cells provide a climate that reduces moisture.
- Uses a zippered quilted top.
- Supports patients up to 325 lbs.
- The front panel switch provides two modes.
- When the front panel switch is lit up, the mattress surface is firm (low air loss) and when not lit up, the mattress is in the alternating pressure mode.
The preferred mode for treating pressure ulcers is alternating pressure.
- The green light indicates that the mattress is in the normal pressure range.
- Orange light indicates that the pressure has dropped below proper support level.
- Easy and secure connection can be used to maintain air pressure in the event of power failure by using the transport cap.
- In the event the power goes out or you need to move the patient on the mattress, the cap can be used to keep air in the mattress.
- The CPR pull-tab is designed for quick release of air from the mattress for administration of CPR.
- The active part of the mattress rests on a 3-inch foam base.
- This provides protection in the event of power failure or when extra support is needed.
- The top of the mattress is covered with a breathable material.
- This reduces heat build-up and helps control moisture.
- The quilting provides extra comfort.
Low air loss
- If the mode selection switch is lit up, the mattress is operating as a low-air-loss system.
- In this mode all cells are inflated and nine cells provide low moisture to reduce skin breakdown.
- This mode may be selected when a firm surface is needed to transfer in and out of the bed.